What does a pet session include?
- Design consultation - We will start by meeting in person or talking on the phone. I prefer to meet in person if possible so I can meet your pet and start getting to know them. This also gives your pet the chance to get to know me and "sniff" me out. This will make the session less stressful for your pet. We will also talk about how you will use images to decorate your home. If you are unsure, I can make recommendations.
- On location custom photography session for up to two pets at the location of your choice
- The session - This is where we have fun! I get to see how you and your pet interact with each other. The images I capture will show the special bond between you and your pet along with your pet's unique personality.
- Art for Your Heart™ Creative fee - the creative fee starts at $250 for studio sessions and $350 for location sessions within 30 miles of the West Knoxville, TN area.
- Viewing/ordering appointment - About two weeks after your session we will schedule the viewing and ordering appointment. You will see a slide show of the best images from your session. I will also show you wall groupings that I think will work best together. We will go through the images and groupings and I will help you select your favorites. You will place your order at this time. Payment is due at this appointment.
- Feature of your session posted on my blog
- Travel within 30 miles of the west Knoxville, TN area
Where does my session take place? I cover the Knoxville area, and I will come to you. The best location is one where your pet is comfortable, usually home or a local park! Off leash is best, but if your pet doesn’t always cooperate, I can always work around this.
How long does my session take? Your pet is the guide. Sessions are a ton of fun, but they are also very tiring for your pet (and you!). Some pets will still be running around after two hours and some will be asleep after one. Generally sessions run about one hour, plus a bit of time for paperwork beforehand. Your ordering session, which takes place about two weeks after your session, will take around one hour.
How should I prepare for a session? Make sure your pet is looking their most adorable! Whether this means a trip to the groomer or a quick clean-up of the eyes and a brush of the coat is up to you. It’s also important that you take your pet for their normal walk beforehand so they have the chance to burn off a bit of energy.
What if the weather doesn’t cooperate? I’ll keep an eye on the weather forecast, and if the weather is going to be bad I will contact you to discuss our options for rescheduling.
What happens during the session? Can I be in the photos? I like to spend a little time with your pet to make sure they are comfortable with the camera. After that the fun begins! I may ask you to help by throwing a ball, holding treats, or getting your pet to sit or do some tricks. We will work together to get images that reflect your pet’s unique personality. You are welcome to be in the images as well!
My pet doesn’t do well off leash. Will that be a problem? Your pet’s safety is my number one priority. If you have concerns about your pet being off leash, we can definitely make it work. Sometimes all that is needed is a little patience and understanding, plus treats and a squeaky toy. Leashes can be edited out of any images you purchase.
How long does it take to get my photos? Once your session is over we will schedule a time for an in person ordering session. This will usually be about two weeks after your session. I’ll bring samples of my products to make it easy for you to visualize your custom art work. You will be shown your final selection of images, and I will help you select which products are right for you. Your order will generally take three-four weeks to come back from the lab. It’s then gift wrapped and hand delivered to your door.
Do you require a deposit? Most clients pay the full session fee when they book their session. If you would like to break it up into two payments, that’s fine. I do require a non-refundable retainer equal to 50% of the session fee to reserve your date and time.
Will I need to sign a contract? Yes. My contract outlines the services I am providing and includes information on copyright of the images and a model/property release for you and your pet(s). The contract must be signed prior to the start of your session.
What is your cancellation policy? Your retainer is non-refundable, but if you notify me at least 24 hours before your session, the retainer can be applied to a session at a future date.
Are gift certificates available? Yes! Gift certificates are available in any amount. They are great for those hard to shop for members of your family and friends.
Ready to book? Click here to contact me.